Working with the Pentax, two chairs and an overcast and grey day-
Image taken with Pentax K5-IIs and processed using Photoshop and Rad Lab
For today: Two Chairs
The Cherry Blossoms are pretty much gone now for the year. I think this year’s blooms were among some of the brightest and most abundant than in previous years. We had a wet winter, a pretty wet spring so far, and the tree was pruned a bit in the fall, so that may have helped the tree along too. I will miss the blooms, but look forward to seeing them again next year.
Image taken with iPhone 5s and processed with Snapseed and Pic-Tap-Go
For today: Cherry Blossoms
As I have been photographing flowers and trees, I decided to try and start to put a book together for my mother. Right now, I am playing with formats and have been running the images through one of my favorite apps that I have not used much lately, Polamatic.
This is one of my new favorites called Sea Holly. I love its color and sculptural qualities and it appears to do well as a dried flower too. According to one friend, these are also seen as invasive and are treated like weeds in some areas.
Image taken with iPhone 5s and processed with Snapseed, Stackables App and Pic-Tap-Go
For today: Sea Holly
Imagine if you will roughly a ten-to-twelve foot strip of nothing but pink. That is what my entrance sidewalk looked like today, as well as the sidewalk that runs to the south of the house. Pink cherry blossoms fell during the night giving the front yard a decidedly pink look about it. It was fun to watch people today as they walked along taking in the sight. More than one person exclaimed, “it’s like pink snow!”
One of the reasons I love this tree-it makes people stop and look around.
Image taken with iPhone 5s and processed with Snapseed, Tangled Fx and iColorama s
For today: Think Pink!
Here we are for April and this month’s Take 12! Fatigue kind of ruled the day so I stuck close by- as it was the backyard needed some attention and I only made a dent and a small one at that. Distracting me was small pet Hubble pretending he was the Flash.
Five Things I Learned Today
1) Today is Greek Easter when Stavros the Easter Bunny comes to visit bearing reduced price Easter candy. I cracked up when I heard this from a good friend who is Greek Orthodox. Jack Henry says “Great-Bring on the Lamb!”
2) I really, really do not like the new WP format-so much so, that I am thinking of switching platforms. There used to be way to go back to the old format for setting up posts, but I have not found it yet.
3) According to Wrigley, the company that manufactures Juicy Fruit gum, the main ingredients are “lemon, orange, pineapple and banana,” which might be a nicer way of saying “isoamyl acetate.”
4) Deep red and pink appear to be the most popular azalea colors in the neighborhood.
5) The Falkland Islands have a total human population of about 2000 people and a sheep population of about 700,000.
Images taken with iPhone 5s and processed with Snapseed, Pic-Tap-Go. Tangled Fx, Coowl, PhotoToaster, iColorama s, and Perfect BW
For today: Take 12! April
The yard is filled with all kinds of photo possibilities. This is a bloom from a Money Plant that grows in the back yard.
Image taken with iPhone 5s and processed with Snapseed, Pic-Tap-Go, Stackables App, iColorama s and Tangled Fx
For today: Still Life
"Be a dew to the soil of the human heart."
adventures in photography
The daily ennui arising from a lack of excitement in a tedious day encourages two friends to grab their cameras in search of creativity and adventure.
ART - Aesthete and other fallacies
iPhone photography & artwork
the world we know.
My creative canvas of photography, art and artsy photography
It is all about paws