Take 12! June
A walk around the neighborhood, lunch with a friend and a quick stroll on Thomas Avenue formed today’s Take 12!
Five Things I Learned Today:
1) Bill Watterson (of Calvin & Hobbes) DID in fact draw last week’s strips of “Pearls Before Swine.” I knew it!!
2) In 1961, a plane carrying two hydrogen bombs blew apart somewhere over North Carolina. According to recently de-classified documents, the atomic devices were powerful enough to basically obliterate the entire state. One device crashed into a muddy field and basically disintegrated; the other device parachuted (that is right) to safety. Yikes!
3) The Pit Bull is the only breed to have graced the cover of Life magazine three times. Three times!
4) There are more urban gardens appearing in the neighborhood-some complete with chickens.
5) There is some very cool graphic art for bands being done around the Central Avenue area.
Images taken with iPhone 4s and processed with Snapseed, Pic-Tap-Go and PhotoToaster
For today: Take 12! June
And for another take on Take 12! visit Lee at Beyond Purgatory for a look at June 12-wintertime in Australia.