Take 12! October
BAM! here comes the 12th–
Today’s photos were taken in the Central Avenue and Ashland Avenue areas as well as a visit early this morning to the NODA neighborhood-I remember when I was in grad school in Vermont getting up early, early, early on the weekends and hitting the road with my camera-today’s adventures reminded me that doing that really pays off-few people, fewer cars and plenty of picture-taking opportunities awaited-
5 Things I Learned Today
1) October 27 is National Pit Bull Awareness Day-pet and hug a pitbull! (This is National Pitbull Awareness Month).
2) 5 percent of all dogs in the United States today are pit bulls.
3) Mercury is in retrograde–BIG time (actually this has been a running joke all week, but today I learned just how retro Mercury really is right now).
4) The stem of a pumpkin continues to nourish the pumpkin even after it’s cut, and helps it stay fresh.
5) The first Jack O’Lanterns were actually made from turnips. (Anyone for a jack o’turnip)?
Need more Take 12! inspiration? Take a visit down under to Beyond Purgatory and see what Lee has set her sights on that day-textures, shapes and colors abound!
All images taken with iPhone 5s and processed with Snapseed, Aviary and Pic-Tap-Go
For today: Take 12! October